Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall in Tahoe

Fall is the offseason in Tahoe, which means unsettled weather, empty roads, and beautiful colors.

As usual, I was so happy to be in Tahoe, that I woke everyone up at 6am ready to play. Dad "took one for the team" and packed me in the stroller for a pre-dawn exploration of the local scene. Here are some of the photos from our Saturday morning stroll...

Pre-sunrise Lake Tahoe -- no wind, cold air, and a mysterious fog layer:



I was wearing my bear outfit just in case we encountered any real bears. I also got a chance to try out my new gloves. In this photo, I'm pointing to the horizon, where dad is about to miss the sunrise:



Phew - got it!



Dad got a great shot here a few weeks ago, so we headed back to get an update shot.



Dad saw this Stand-Up Paddleboarder coming and went sprinting out across the rocks to snag this angle. I suggested he title this photo "SUP at Sunrise"



The scenery out on the rocks at Commons Beach is pretty spectacular, especially with the changing leaves. Here's me taking in some warm rays of sun while dad runs around like an idiot with the camera.



Wet rocks, mirror ponds, and fall colors.



Here's me on the pier you saw in one of the previous photos. We came out here so dad could get the next shot. I was cracking jokes to pass the time.



Nice shot dad, but don't quit your day job.



Back at Rocky Ridge, here's Nana and me while dad limped back to bed for a much needed nap.



Thanks to Nana and Papa for hosting us.

Keep and eye out for my next post -- Halloween is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment